I thought I’d lay out a step-by-step guide to the Laws of Attraction I have noticed, being a single twenty-five year old in 2018. As per usual, this is all obviously based on my own opinions, and I’m sure a small cohort of people will disagree with some of these, so take these with a grain of salt! Also, I’m sure I’ve missed tons of things I couldn’t really think of, so comment your biggest tips! Anyways, enough of the introduction here is the sexy stuff:
- Don’t be a needy fuck. That being said, don’t be so aloof that ya’ll aren’t even talking.
- As a general rule of thumb, match their frequency. If they text you back every 15 minutes, do something similar. If it’s one text every other day, then you text once every other day or so (or not at all because, fuck that noise)
- Now that being said, don’t obsess over it. If you happen to have your phone and they text you, just bloody respond. ESPECIALLY if you are in an on-going, good conversation.
- Another good habit is to put your phone away! If you are out with your friends, go be present with your friends! If you’re working out, work out! Save your conversation for when you have more downtime. It makes you seem like you have a life you’re actually living, which is incredibly attractive. It also is just a positive life balance and well-being exercise to not be glued to your phone obsessing about who is texting you. Often you will forget about his response you’ve been waiting on, and then when you do pull out your phone eventually its a happy surprise that they have texted back!
- Make your texts have value! Sending “hey” is boring, and shows you’re boring. No one wants to respond to a hey. Send a picture with a caption that relates to something you spoke about. Tell a joke! Start off with confidently inviting them out somewhere! I assure you this will garner much better responses than “hey.” Whenever you really blank out of ideas to send, asking a question is good, as it typically always elicits a response.
- This is probably more personal to me, but grammar and spelling matter! You just look like an idiot if you are consistently texting nonsense words. We can all type and aren’t on ’99 nokias anymore, spell out the damn word.
- Make plans early on and confidently. Texting has a tendency to fizzle out quickly. So while you have their attention, hammer down some plans to hang out! If you’re talking about spaghetti, instead of going on about it, be like:
“You + Me + my cute dog. Monday night at 7pm! You bring a nice crisp white wine? I’ll bring the arma-ghetti and heat in the kitchen? Italian date night, I know it won’t be as good as your mom’s you’re raving about, but perhaps I can get some tips from you?”
- This text is amazing (in my opinion) it sets the mood perfectly! You have everyone invited, & the cute dog is especially enticing! The plans are definite and have a location and time, so there is no guess-work later on. It’s got a theme, and also effort will be put in. You make them work for it a bit, saying they need to supply the wine. Also, there is some cheeky flirty banter. It’s also a statement. You are confident that your plans are awesome. It’s not a meek, feeble, question, which sets you up for a higher rate of rejection.
- Bonus points if you can remember something they spoke of earlier, and make a date from it. For example, on the last date, she would love to try some Korean food. If you remember that and then ask her out for Korean food, why wouldn’t she say yes?! It also makes a woman swoon. We really aren’t that complex. Just remember little details and that will get you SO far.
- Keep it light-hearted and flirty. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’ve had some good deep chats in texts once in a blue moon. However, typically a text should be sweet and fun, not a big intense chat. Save those for in person, or call them if the mood turns more serious!
- Know when to stop. If the conversation has died, don’t force it. Now if you like them & they haven’t talked to you in a hot minute, try again. Hopefully, they just got busy. If they continue to not respond, or take eons too, I’m sorry its time to move on. I’m a fan of calling them out and saying ‘Hey, it seems like you’re no longer interested, which is cool, so I’m going to let you go. It was nice getting to know you, and I wish you the best” or something along those lines. It’s just common courtesy not to ghost, even if you were the one being rejected more so. I think it’s nice to end things formally. It also shows you have standards, and gives you back your empowerment.
- So more to my last point. DON’T GHOST! (If you are Patrick Star, & live under a rock, ghosting is simply cutting all communication out of nowhere, with no explanation, after having constant communication for a time.) Ghosting is just plain rude, and immature as all hell. The only time its applicable to ‘ghost’ in my opinion is like on a dating app, if you have barely talked and never met up. Or if they did something creepy or rude to you. Which if they were a creep, that’s more blocking than a typical ‘ghost’ definition anyways.
- If you GET ghosted. As said before, call them out! Now not everyone has the balls too, or some people I know think it can be perceived as ‘desperate’ but I disagree. I think people should be held accountable for their shitty behavior. I always hope that if I make them feel bad about it, perhaps to their next unlucky suitor they will maybe be more kind.
- Be careful of tone. Texts can be misinterpreted incorrectly quite easily. An exclamation mark, versus a period, can make a big difference in the tone of the message. For example: ‘I’m doing good.’ sounds a little hostile versus ‘I’m doing good!’
- Phone calls are amazing! If you’re going after someone who is outgoing and confident, I highly recommend utilizing a phone call over a text. They are so much more personal, and since they are way less popular these days, they seem much more romantic and offer almost a bit of nostalgia.
- There isn’t a ton to say more on phone calls, except to utilize them! They are a great tool, and can really allow you to get to know someone better, and get a really nice banter and tone established with them way more than text can offer.
Instagram / Social Media:
- So as an FYI, I predominantly only use Instagram so I’m mainly going to focus on that. However I’ve had snapchat, so I know about it, I do have a facebook, and I for a brief second had a twitter (which I hated.)
- If you are using any dating apps, chances are your Instagram is going to get a good creep. You want to ensure its a good first impression (assuming you want more dates.) This is super hard to ‘coach’ as its sort of your call of what you want to portray yourself as, and how much of a fuck you give what you post on it. For me, I like to keep my Instagram fun, colourful, and full of variety. Personally, I’m quite turned off by people who post pictures of their face only & that’s it…. like do you have friends? I do tend to post maybe too curated of photos, because hey, I want to look good! That being said, try not to cat-fish & post some ‘real’ photos every once and awhile.
- I myself am personally turned off by a guy who posts too many shirtless pictures. If they are super into fitness, then fine, but it just comes across very arrogant and fuckboi-esque to have an overabundance of them. I also have no desire to see dead animals all over your page, but hey, that’s just me.
- I think sliding into the dm’s is the new ‘dating app.’ I’m all for it! If you find someone cute, why not? A cheeky comment here and there is great too. I think the main tip is to keep it light, and playful, & don’t bombard them with likes/messages.
- Personally, I don’t mind if you follow me on Instagram from the get-go. Most people like followers, and it shows that you’re just that much more interested. On the flipside, I find Facebook a little more personal and very much dislike friend requests, until I’ve gotten to know you a lot more. That’s a pretty personal preference though.
- Thirst traps are real. HOWEVER they typically work for fuckboi’s, as any guy who is truly invested in liking you, shouldn’t need an overtly sexual obvious reminder to hit on you. That being said, it is a great little ego boost, & can get the ball rolling after something went a little stale. Use sparingly though, for maximum impact & looking mostly classy, not trashy.
On a date:
- I’m not going to go into crazy detail here, as I think I will write a longer post on date etiquette, but I will touch on a few quick pointers:
- Be friendly! They’ve already agreed to be on a date, the game is up on getting them to the date, so don’t be a frigid bitch. Smiling can go a long way!
- Eye contact, and be engaged in the conversation! No phones!
- Be polite to every single person you come in contact with. I mean this should always be a goal every day, but on a date, be sure to be on your best behavior.
- Always offer to pay! It’s 2018, a lot of guys won’t treat you, and you shouldn’t really expect them to. I always offer to pay, as I believe it is just polite. However, I think whoever asked whoever out, should be the one to pay. I also really, really like when guys pay, I personally like the nostalgia idea of a man treating his woman.
- Body language is very important. Try to mirror them if you like them.
- As a woman, I don’t ever usually initiate the first kiss on a date, but, make sure you leave an opening for them to do so if you would like that to happen!
After a Date Follow Up:
- As a woman, I REALLY like when a guy tells me to text him when I’m home safe. It’s even better if he ensures I get home safe, but that’s not always super plausible.
- I also love to leave the ball in his court to text me after a first* date, as that’s how I gauge if he was interested or not. If after 48 hours he hasn’t said anything though, I usually give a last-ditch text to say I enjoyed our date and to see what’s up!
- Kissing is pretty personal so it is mostly trial and error of what works for you and your partner, so always ask them!
- Don’t suffocate the person. Like you need to breathe! There is certainly appealing harder more intense kisses but they need to be sprinkled sparingly between lighter kisses, and brushes of the lips, and you need some breathing, some ebb, and flow.
- Keep your eyes closed for the most part (you’re a bit of a freak if you don’t) however, looking up into someone eyes and smiling right after finishing up a kiss can make hearts melt.
- Don’t forget about your hands, and such! They should be holding his hands, or in his hair, or on the small of his neck or back or….. on that dick! Just, do something with them! It’s always the small things that make you a good kisser to a great kisser!
- Don’t overuse your tongue or drown the person. I think going for a massaging sort of motion is a good visual to have in your brain.
- A lip bite here and there can be amazing. Use pressure based on your partners likes though. Some people really dislike hard lip-bites, while others go crazy. You want to grab their bottom lip and give it a nice firm tug, then release.
- Kiss them on places aside from their lips! I personally go crazy for ear kisses.
- Obviously, don’t have rank breath. That’s gross, check yourself.
- Don’t leave hickeys. Nobody wants one, so try not to be that guy. Maybe its a funny badge of honor when you’re younger, but its mostly just a piss off.
- Mix it up. Good kissers aren’t just doing the same thing for a thirty-minute make out sesh. They are kissing you in multiple locations, with different intensities, and doing things with their hands and your bodies to enhance the experience.
- I mean cuddling isn’t really rocket science. Who doesn’t love being a little spoon? In general just press your bodies together in some sort of format, and you’re pretty much good to go.
- I love it when people like, snuggle up close, and really set into a cuddle. Like if you’re spooning, rub your bum into him, and pull his arms around you tighter. It’s cute.
- It’s lovely when you take cuddling a little step further and trace little circles with your fingertips on the small of their back, or something along those lines.
Oral & Foreplay:
- Not to sound like a broken record, but being good in bed, is very dependant on your partners’ preferences and needs. So communication is the best tip I can give you. You will never regret asking a partner what they like, I assure you.
- Don’t just go straight to sex with no foreplay. That is the worst thing any guy can do. Girl’s need to be turned on mentally before anything should be happening physically. Not too mention if you aren’t wet yet, it can sometimes be very uncomfortable. The ‘let’s jackhammer this girl the whole time with nothing else’ method is horrible. Please don’t do it.
- Real talk, 70% of woman require clitoral stimulation to achieve orgasm. So don’t ignore that little button. I figure good sex should always have your mouth, hands, and sex organs busy simultaneously pretty much always. If 1 of those 3 extremities aren’t doing something, you’re not trying hard enough.
- Exciting locations or outfits can really liven up the bedroom life.
- Switch up your position, don’t just do basic missionary the whole time, what a snooze fest.
- It should be your goal to get your partner off, (and vice versa!!) don’t be a selfish lover. Go to town, till they can’t take it anymore.
- Remember, you don’t always have to fuck her hard as possible, IN FACT, typically the slower and more sensual the better. Save the hard pounding for the finish, if that’s what you need to cum.
- Don’t always go for the same ‘cheap, easy’ orgasm. If she gets off on her clit being rubbed really easily, that’s amazing and definitely capitalize on it! However, try some other methods. You will be a god if you can get an p-in-v orgasm too, when she’s never had one of those… just saying.
- Dirty talk can be your best friend sometimes. If not super dirty, just romantic comments and soft moans to let your partner feel they are desired is always wonderful.
- Savour her. Soak up her taste, her feel, her smell. Breathe it all in. Devour her body but like a fine, rich dessert. You have to make each bite count. Really milk the most out of every movement.
- Grab her. Hold her like you can’t get enough.
- SEX SHOULD BE FUN! So have fun! Make it fun! Laugh, be silly, be vulnerable & enjoy it.
I could go further into depth on all of these topics, but here is my crash course for some go-to tips on the basic laws of attraction I have come across. Let me know what you want me to expand more on, and what your best tips are! Stay sexy sweethearts xox